I work with individuals, organizations, and institutions that are growing deliberately.
I’m originally from London, England, completed undergraduate work in English, law, and political science in Jamaica, and hold graduate degrees in technical communication and rhetoric in West Texas. I’ve lived and worked in the United States since 2004 and formed McKenzie Consulting Group in 2014.
You’ll find me across the internet and offline discussing and working on issues in institutional leadership, education, science and technology, the arts, philanthropy, social justice, and the Three Taboos: politics, religion, and sexuality. I write occasionally on Medium. Twitter gets my freshest thoughts on news—reach out to me there.
- Director of digital strategy on the program team at Auburn Seminary, NY
- Consultant and Contract Editor at McKenzie Consulting Group, MD and NY
- Board Member at the Adventist Today Foundation, OR
- Advisory Board Member at Renewed Heart Ministries, WV
Recent Presentations and Panels
- decolonizing Christianity and justice organizing at Rolling the Stone Away, a historic gathering of Christian activists (St. Louis, MO)
- religious liberty and Adventist healing evangelism at Intimate Conviction, a Commonwealth conference (Kingston, Jamaica)
- inclusive Christian community at Room for All’s national conference (Holland, MI)
- digital strategy, storytelling for action, and congregational organizing at Creating Change (Philadelphia, PA)
- nonviolence and atonement practical theologies at Adventist Forum’s national conference (Silver Spring, MD)
- elements of the Adventist information culture at the Society of Adventist Philosophers’ annual meeting (Atlanta, GA)
- disparate impacts of climate change, climate justice, and the roles values play in persuading people to take action at The Task Force’s Creating Change convention (Denver, CO)
How to Reach Me
If you’d like to talk with me about collaborating on events, presentations, articles, podcasts, or potential contracts, contact me by email or by phone:
- Send a note: Contact
- Leave a message: (301)-244-9483