I work with individuals, organizations, and institutions that are growing deliberately.
Through McKenzie Consulting Group, I provide communication, educational, nonprofit, and other consulting services to individual and organizational clients in and beyond the Washington, D.C.-Maryland metro region.
I’m originally from London, England, completed undergraduate work in English, law, and political science in Jamaica, and hold graduate degrees in technical communication and rhetoric. I’ve lived and worked in the United States since 2004.
You’ll find me across the internet and offline discussing and working on issues in institutional leadership, education, science and technology, the arts, philanthropy, social justice, and the Three Taboos: politics, religion, and sexuality. I write occasionally on Medium. Twitter gets my freshest thoughts on news—reach out to me there.
- Director of digital strategy on the program team at Auburn Seminary, NY
- Consultant and Contract Editor at McKenzie Consulting Group, MD and NY
- Board Member at the Adventist Today Foundation, OR
- Advisory Board Member at Renewed Heart Ministries, WV
- Program Director: directing Believe Out Loud, a Christian LGBTQIA digital advocacy and public education program (New York, NY).
- Conference Presenter and Panelist: speaking about
- decolonizing Christianity and justice organizing at Rolling the Stone Away, a historic gathering of Christian activists (St. Louis, MO)
- religious liberty and Adventist healing evangelism at Intimate Conviction, a Commonwealth conference (Kingston, Jamaica)
- inclusive Christian community at Room for All’s 2017 national conference (Holland, MI)
- digital strategy, storytelling for action, and congregational organizing at Creating Change 2017 (Philadelphia, PA)
- nonviolence and atonement at Adventist Forum’s 2016 conference (Silver Spring, MD)
- elements of the Adventist information culture at the Society of Adventist Philosophers’ 2015 meeting (Atlanta, GA)
- disparate impacts of climate change, climate justice, and the roles values play in persuading people to take action at The Task Force’s Creating Change 2015 convention (Denver, CO)
- Communications Coordinator: developing and executing stakeholder communications strategy for a Christian congregation (Gaithersburg, MD).
- Performance Excellence Examiner: using the Malcolm Baldrige Criteria for non-profits and healthcare organizations as a tool for understanding the links among a system’s goals, administration, operations, and results. I was a Maryland Performance Excellence Awards examiner, score-book editor, and back-up team leader for 2013 and served again as a senior examiner during the 2014 cycle.
- Alternative Academic Careers Coach: guiding professors, researchers, and other academics through exploring meaningful work beyond the tenure track academic job at the National Council of Teachers of English’s 2015 Conference on College Composition and Communication convention (Tampa, FL).
- Research and Writing Consultant: collaborating with a performance artist educating and inspiring audiences to act on climate change.
How to Reach Me
If you’d like to talk with me about collaborating on events, presentations, articles, or potential contracts, contact me by email or by phone:
- Send a note: Contact
- Leave a message: (301)-244-9483