McKenzie Consulting Group is deepening the connections between a MD congregation, its members, and its community, advising a NY initiative on financial sustainability and how to strengthen its communications to stakeholders, and giving fresh feedback to individual change-makers.
- Internal and external member and public communications for the Unity of Gaithersburg church, one of the oldest Unity fellowships in the DC metro area.
- Development and stakeholder communication consulting with Believe Out Loud, an LGBT-faith initiative of Intersections International and the Collegiate Churches of New York.
- Research, writing, and presentations with Peterson Toscano, a performance artist focused on hopeful responses to climate change (Pennsylvania), and weekly writing reviews with Herb Montgomery, a peripatetic writer and speaker (West Virginia).
Our principal consultant has also given university accreditation reports a coherent voice, and assessed the comprehensive performance of a large regional hospital system.
- Technical editing services to Texas Tech University administrators through the last 9 months of their academic accreditation reporting cycle (2014).
- Examining healthcare organizations during the 2013 and 2014 Maryland Performance Excellence Awards (MPEA) program. Last cycle, Keisha served as a senior examiner for the MPEA program, the only Malcolm Baldrige-based organizational evaluation program in the state.
We helped a small web-streaming business wow a big state client and also kept a film company in touch with its audience while the producers took a well-earned break.
- Compiling, designing, and editing technical user documents for Sandy Audio Visual LLC to teach government IT staff how to live-stream critical events. The co-founders tell us they’re still getting compliments on our user guide design.
- Creating and curating social media content for Seventh-Gay Adventists through Year End 2014, responding to incoming letters and moderating drive-by comments with regular page readers in mind.
Maryland Performance Excellence Awards Program
“Keisha, thank you again for your service as an Examiner for the 2014 Maryland Performance Excellence Awards (MPEA) Program. Your knowledge and experience—especially in the areas of visioning, strategic planning, and governance structures—were instrumental to your Team’s success. And because of your superior performance, you were selected for the MPEA “Above and Beyond” award. You effectively applied the concepts of the evaluation criteria and the principles of the examination process, and showed dedication and enthusiasm throughout the examination process.” —Michael J. Novak, Executive Director
Sandy Audio Visual (Maryland)
“We asked McKenzie Consulting Group to create an installation and user guide for one of our government contracts, and Keisha really came through! She delivered an organized and attractive technical manual on a tight turnaround, and worked with us right up to our deadline. We love supporting other small businesses, and recommend McKenzie Consulting Group for communication work.” —Carla Cargill Sandy and Colin Sandy
If you represent a non-profit or for-profit organization and need some professional communication, development, strategic planning, or board-level staffing, please contact Keisha.
We work with boards, growing small businesses, and individuals.
- Board member of the Adventist Today Foundation, Oregon.
- Advisor and editor to Renewed Heart Ministries, West Virginia.